Monday, January 21, 2013

Doc Savage - The Post Game

Despite some real bad breaks prior to the show, such as both my mom and Deena unable to attend because of illness, and that I was forced to work an hour later than I was scheduled due to an employee's carelessness, Open Mic Night at the Crossing for myself and my fellow players was a roaring success. We had a great crowd for the show, and despite a few technical glitches, mostly on my part, I think we succeeded in bringing a bit of the wonder of the Golden Age of Radio to the 21st Century. In the picture to your left, from left to right, is singer Angela Adrian playing Princess Monja, myself taking point, and Michael Bryan Walt doing back-up as Monk Mayfair and Renny Renwick. And standing in as the sound of Doc's ultra-violet ray machine is my trusty sonic screwdriver.

When we finished, even my brother Tim, who has been after me to keep the set down to fifteen minutes (we ran at over 21), said "That-was-awesome!" Best compliment I could ever have gotten.

In three weeks, we wrap up the cliffhanger with "The Golden Legacy". I finished the script Saturday night and have already begun the sound mix. It's going to be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment